Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 4 and I am Alive. A bit hungry. But its all Good.

Day 4: Oh how the days they go. It feels like its been about a thousand days or so without food. Not really, but somewhat. As I write this my Wife is cooking herself something that I am sure is to be yummy. It's OK, no really it is.

I went into this knowing it would be challenging, and it has been. Not every moment is filled with the yearning for food, but at times the cravings are so intense that I let out a scream of frustration. I know at anytime I can stop the Fast and eat again. The thing is that there is part of me that knows I can do this and that I am to benefit from it in the long run.

I knew before going into this that I was one a food's biggest fans and that it would be an interesting journey to see if I could actually do this. Well, the good news is, yes I can do this. When I choose to apply myself to something I have the will to follow through. Now I need to apply this iron will to all aspects of my life. I have so many awesome ideas and so few get to see the light of day. This sometimes makes me sad. For one reason or another I seem to get in the way of myself and somehow manage to derail many of my wonderful ideas.

That being said, it feels good to stick with something that is no walk in the park so to speak. I am sticking with this till the end date I have set for myself. At times it feels like an impossible feat, but I know in my heart I have what it takes to do this.

I have chosen to Fast/Cleanse for a plethora of reasons. Everyone I talk about this to has one question that stands above all the rest, and that is, "Why?" To them I have this to say: "Because I want to!"(Hehehe) No really, its first and foremost to break down an old system of mindlessly consuming food and to create a new framework that encompasses a healthy respect for the source of my nourishment. It's eating with a regard to all those that help to bring my meal to the table, and a knowing of the origins of my food, and how it came to be before me. I could go on, but this is few of the reasons off the top of my head why I chose to embark on this journey.

I am cleansing my body so that when I do begin to eat again I will have a fresh slate to build upon. My new and improved awareness will encourage a more healthy and happy me. I have been eating fairly healthy for a handful of years. It is now that I am choosing to take it to the next level so that I can fine tune this vehicle that houses my spirit. Our bodies are truly temples, and what we put into them defines who are. I am choosing to integrate foods that are as close to the Earth as humanly possible.

I am working to incorporate a new diet that is a more a way of life than a so called diet. So many of us refer to a diet as a temporary fix to reduce weight or increase vigor. While this is fine it misses the point of a diet. A diet is a way of life. It's not a fad that you practice for a week or a month. The diet I am embarking on is foundation that I will continuously build upon to create and maintain the healthiest me that can possibly be. Don't misunderstand me, I will still indulge in the occasional mouth watering sweet tooth pleasin food, but it to be a special occasion, and I will enjoy with all my heart and then move on and continue my diet that promotes my optimal performance. Be it spiritual, physical, or mental, I will hone this vessel and be all that I can be.

The old adage, "You are what you eat" has never spoken louder to me than right now. I am setting in motion the first steps to a diet that works for me in unison with the whole. I respect all life, and therefore I am choosing to be fully conscious of what I allow to enter my body. I know in my heart that it's OK to eat chicken, or any animal for that matter, as long as there is a healthy respect for your food there will be a benefit for the whole. An animal gives its life to nourish us, and we in turn our to be grateful for that life force we have been given. When we learn to respect all aspects of life we honor not only ourselves, but the life that sustains us. To me there is no difference if the food you choose is animal or a vegetable. In my book it is all life, and with our choices, no matter what they may be, we are to be grateful for the nourishment of that force we have received.

And that is why I am doing this. It's important to me. It's like resetting my internal engine to a neutral point, and from here I am able to break new ground. I am taking it a step at a time and doing my very best to be my best.

Thanks for listening.

Be Well, Always,
~Jimmy~

No comments:

Post a Comment