Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Dream of Jimmy

The world is wrapped around me.
Everything is suspended about me, like leaves floating on a tree.
This is a dream. Jimmy is the dream I am dreaming.
This dream used to be wrapped so tightly around me.
Now I sit, better still, I float, suspended within this animated illusion.

It's kind of like clear confusion. To see the play with open eyes. Unfolding like a rose in bloom, almost slowly exploding.

And it would be easy to continue to be caught up in the web of this vantage point I see.
It's as if the book has come alive, but now you know you are the characters within the pages of this story.
And if you intentions are careful and true, you can weave in a conscious twist to the story you call you.

Imagine, instead of being swept along for the ride, now you embrace the tides, learning to ride the waves of your story. You create new ideas fueled by your imagination. You find ways to be in the story while being the creator of the story.
At times you lose yourself, immersed within the grandiosity of the tale. Its all beautiful and perfect.

You find yourself up and down. Feelings surge through you, but now you remember your role in the story. You awaken to the role of director in your play.
You create new awareness to see a bigger picture. You allow your self to be in the experience, but not be swallowed by it. You realize your power is not limited to an actor with predetermined roles. You now know you can shift and create within the moment. No outcomes are set in stone. No story is permanent. You can change what you please midstream. You can be about to explode in an angry rage and just as suddenly you take a deep breathe and shift to be thankful for the story of your life.

The many blessings that fill your every moment are constant reminders to let you know that this life is an ever unfolding gift. Each breathe is a new opportunity to experience life in new and amazing ways.

And this is the play I am. I am here. I am part of the actions and interactions of all life. I am a pea in the pod of life. I am doing what I can to be all that I am. Some days I'm an actor immersed in character. I embrace the moment and let it swallow me whole. Other days I am so fully awake that I know complete the play I participate within. I know it so well I twist it into something that I didn't see possible a moment before.

I begin to see the story of Jimmy loud and clear. I embrace the characters in my life with love and compassion. I see the players as gifts to assist and enrich me. Each soul that touches me has something to teach me, and I them.

It's all so amazing.

Really, its far beyond the words of human apprehension. And its all OK. I see a bigger picture. It unfolds a bit more each day.

Life is what we make of it. We are not victims of circumstance. We find our selves exactly where we need to be to heal the fragments of our soul, in order to be whole. This is an experience in learning, in playing, in creating. Each moment we create our realities. Every action we set in motion has a rippling effect that reaches much farther then we may imagine. Your actions, my actions, touch everyone in some way. When we put negativity out into the world, we soon feel it lapping on the shores of our own realities. When you treat others with ill will, you will soon discover that this is a favor that will most certainly return to you. When you share your love and compassion with others, you will receive this gift as the circle of your actions returns to you. Like energies attract. This is a cosmic truth. The proof is in the pudding. Look around. What surrounds you? Is love greeting you when you open the door to life, or is an angry face staring you down reflecting the actions you have taken in life.

Truthfully, I have been blessed to look in the mirror and see both the angry face as well as a smiling joyful face. Its a hard journey at times. The blessing is revealed in the awareness that we all, at one time or another have worn both faces. It is through the knowing of both polarities that we can begin to transcend black and white, and find a place of neutrality. Its ok to be angry, just as it's fine to be happy. The moments of your life bring the richness of who you are. The important part is to not be swallowed within the sea of our emotions. Feel the moment, but before exploding into action, take a breath, see what is appropriate. Why is it you feel the way you do? Whenever strong emotions rise up within us there is almost always an underlying current. Usually this is the result of a past trauma, or an intense experience. Many times we re-live the same experience over and over again. We may mask it in different surroundings. The people may be different, the color of the room may have changed, but the core experience remains the same. Until we find the courage to pull back the blinders of fear and reveal the true reasons behind are inappropriate actions, we will never break the circle of our repetitive emotional outbursts.

When we discover the origins our core issues we can then learn to understand the place we are today. From here we have the opportunity to forgive our selves and anyone else involved in the experience that limits our expansion of the truest self.


That was deep.

I just needed to get that out. Take it for what you will. We all hear exactly what we need to. I love you and I love me. I am encouraging myself to embrace this ever expanding masterpiece of life. In this journey I welcome you to take a ride with me. We are all on this cosmic roller coaster anyways, why not join in and have a little fun. There is so much to uncover. So many things to experience. Unlimited creations are possible. And this is my invitation to you; Lets ride this wild experience together. We can embrace the tides as we go. We can create our stories with the richness of one another.

Here's to creating our story. Day by day, moment by moment we create and experience the play of our lives. Let's play!

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy, probably the best piece of yours that I've read in a long time. What you describe is the Divine Matrix. I wrote a poem about just that and will post on your FB page some time today. Beautiful piece you offered to us this day.

    ReplyDelete